BRIEF HISTORY OF THE ROSARY
Around the year 1203, Dominic was sent by Pope Innocent III to South France to preach to the Albigenses. At the time, the Albigensian doctrine was based on a dualism of two eternally opposing principles, good and evil, all matter being regarded as evil and the creator of the material world as a devil.
St. Dominic discovered that this doctrine was fast becoming widespread due to the fact that the Albigenses were well educated and well organized. To combat the unorthodox teachings of the Albigensians, Dominic organized and educated his preachers so they would be better equipped to overcome this Albigensian heresy. Dominic stressed the importance of education, and his preachers traveled throughout Europe and educated common people and religious leaders as a way to challenge the heresy.
St. Dominic is widely associated with the origin and creation of the Rosary because he was the first to implement the widespread teaching of this Sacred Devotion.
TO CHRISTIANS WHO PRAY THE ROSARY
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the Light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10.The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11.You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from My Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of My only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of My Rosary is a great sign of predestination.